More About Our Top Quality Rent Collection Service:
Our main aims are to ensure that landlords get the best quality tenants, receive their rent on time, and have as little void time as possible each year.
Our Rent Collection service includes comprehensive online advertising, including Rightmove.co.uk the UK’s Biggest Property Portal, thorough referencing and credit checking. We’ll arrange the inventory and check-in with an AIIC approved inventory clerk*, pass the meter readings and tenant details to the local council and utility companies. Let Me Properties letting agents in St Albans will manage all legal processes at the start of the tenancy, and will set everything up so that all you need to worry about is managing your property, whilst we manage your rent collection.
At Let Me Properties we specialise in finding professional tenants for quality properties in and around the city centre of St Albans, and we also specialise in finding tenants for quality apartments in Hatfield, such as Parkhouse Court, Clarkson Court, and other top quality blocks in Hatfield, for affluent international students who often pay a large share of their rent in advance.
Below are some bullet points of this service – we only recommend this service for landlord who are available all year round to act quickly to any emergencies at their property, to deal with any maintenance, and to deal with routine visits and repairs.
If this does not suit you, then we would gladly manage the complete lettings process, ensuring we can keep all parties informed and well cared for throughout the process. We can take care of any irritation the property letting process may cause you with our Full Management Service, by inspecting the property, handling all communications with the tenants, ensuring legal process are met, and that any works that are needed are carried out with short and long terms savings in mind.
- Onsite Valuations and rental advice – How to make the most of your property, including detailed research and expert advice on rental returns
- Provide Information and Advice on Legal requirements and safety regulations
- Advise on any improvements we think may be necessary before the property is ready to rent
- Help Arranging improvements or works that might be required
- Excellent Wide Angle Photography done by our Professionally Trained Property Photographer to achieve the best results.
- Creating a Very Detailed Lettings Brochure, including measurements and lots of high quality photographs to give applicants even more incentive to view your property over the hundreds of others like it that may also be on the market.
- Prominent and Professional “To Let” Board displayed at your property if you wish
- Website Advertising on Rightmove.co.uk – The UK’s Largest Most Popular Property Portal
- Full Screen Advert on our Big Screen rolling advertising screen at the top of Hatfield Road and St Peters Street in St Albans Town Centre.
- Property Brochure Displayed in our LED Lit, State of the Art Property Display Units in our Agency Window at the top of Hatfield Road and St Peters Street in St Albans Town Centre. (Coming Soon in Early January 2014)
- Accompanied Viewings by knowledgeable and friendly staff
Agreeing a Tenancy:
- Negotiating an offer with suitable tenants
- Receiving a holding fee to reserve the property
- Taking copies of ID documents, proof of address, Passports, etc.
- Fully Vetting and Referencing all Tenants with one of the UK’s leading tenant referencing services
- Creating and Signing a professional detailed tenancy agreement on your behalf
Arranging the moving day:
- Receiving the balance of the first months rent and deposit
- Coordinating the Inventory and Check-in with the 3rd party AIIC approved inventory clerk (Inventory Charges Apply – This is to ensure that the report is completed by an external contractor so that it is valid evidence to make deductions from the deposit if required. The cost of this is low considering the detail and service: £85 – £155 for an average property, depending on property size)
- Securing the deposit with a recognised government scheme as per regulation, and providing the tenants with copies of information required. (£60 [£50 +VAT] Deposit Protection Fee Charged each time a new deposit certificate is required. Usually once per tenancy.)
- Collecting Rent promptly and regularly
- Paying it to you within 5 banking days of clearing in our account
- Chasing arrears should they arise in the following ways: (Very rarely needed)
- Txt Messaging
- Phone Calls
- Email Messages
- Letters detailing arrears
- Legal Warning Letters
- Personal Visit from Let Me Staff to discuss the issue
Ending Tenancy and Re-renting:
- Renewal of Tenancy or Issuing Section 21 Vacation Notices as per your wishes
- Re-Advertising Property for rent should current tenants not renew
- Arranging “Check Out” – Return of Keys, Collection of Meter Readings, etc.
- Arranging Cleaning, Repairs, Dealing with Deposit Resolution, etc.
We Can Assist with::
- Advising you on how to remove bad tenants you might already have
- Buy-to-let investment advice, we will accompany you to view properties and help you pick the best properties to rent out
- We see ourselves as partners of our landlords, not just service providers. Your success equals our success.
Property Management: (NOT INCLUDED)
You will need to deal with:
- Periodic Inspections
- Coordination of Property Maintenance
- Record keeping, showing everything that has gone on with your property and its maintenance
- Emergency Calls from your tenants
- Any Repairs and Maintenance
- Everything else relating to property management