Registration Number: Z2173479
Registered Since: 13 April 2010
Data Controller: LET ME LIMITED
1 HATFIELD ROAD
LET ME PROPERTIES
This data protection policy describes, in very general terms, how we handle the personal data we process
Nature of work – Letting Agents
Description of processing
The following is a broad description of the way this organisation/data controller processes personal information. To understand how your own personal information is processed you may need to refer to any personal communications you have received, check any privacy notices the organisation has provided or contact the organisation to ask about your personal circumstances.
Reasons/purposes for processing information
We process personal information to enable us as a letting agent to carry out property management services; promote and advertise our services; maintain our own accounts and records; and support and manage our employees.
Type/classes of information processed
We process information relevant to the above reasons/purposes. This may include:
- personal details
- family details
- lifestyle and social circumstances
- employment and educations details
- goods and services
- financial details
- all information contained in references.
We also process sensitive classes of information that may include:
- racial or ethnic origin
- religious or other beliefs
- trade union membership
- physical or mental health details
Who the information is processed about
We process personal information about:
- professional advisers and consultants
- complainants, enquirers
Who the information may be shared with
We sometimes need to share the personal information we process with the individual themself and also with other organisations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (DPA). What follows is a description of the types of organisations we may need to share some of the personal information we process with for one or more reasons.
Where necessary or required we share information with:
- business associates
- suppliers of goods or services
- financial organisations
- credit reference agencies
- debt collection and tracing agencies
- local and central government
- police forces
- current, past and prospective employers
- employment and recruitment agencies
- educators and examining bodies
- other companies in the same group
It may sometimes be necessary to transfer personal information overseas. When this is needed information is only shared within the European Economic Area (EEA). Any transfers made will be in full compliance with all aspects of the data protection act.
Using your personal information (data):
- credit reference agencies, debt collection companies, or fraud prevention agencies.
- previous and/or future landlords and letting agents, if you are a former tenant, current tenant or prospective tenant.
- The landlord of a property you intend to let (including their agents and advisors), if you are a previous tenant, current tenant or prospective tenant.
- The Lettings Hub (tenant referencing, media and utility switching, and insurance providers)
- Maintenance Contractors (facilitate their work if it relates to you or your property)
- Various Banks and Insurance Companies (if required to facilitate a transaction or claim that relates to you or your property)
- Our Software Providers (such as Google, LetMC, BriefYourMarket, Vebra, Freshdesk, and various other software and security companies we work with)
- Our advisors, lawyers, accountants, etc.
- registers of tenants shared with other landlords and letting agents to help prevent fraudulent applications.
- Any party who we are required by law or court order to share your information with
- Various other 3rd Parties who may need to contact you for transactional reasons
Types of Personal Information we collect, store, and process:
- If you are a prospective, current, or former tenant, landlord, staff member, or contractor, we may collect, store, and process the following types of personal data:
- Name, Date of birth, Nationality, National Insurance Number, Passport Number, Telephone Number, Email Address, Bank Account Details, Current and Previous addresses, family member information, employment details, details of your criminal history, details of your medical history, etc.
- Documents showing the above information such as your passport, driving license, utility bills, bank statements, payslips, etc.
- If you are a 3rd party we may record your contact details, address, and information about how you relate to our business dealings.